Latest research has found that online retailers within the UK are preparing to make significant investment into more sustainable deliveries.
DISPATCHERS HAVE A VERY DEMANDING JOB
Imagine that a dispatchers map resembles the night sky with it’s constellations and the stars in each representing service and delivery points
Take Cancer for example with each star connected to appear like a crab” It looks like a route map with 6 points on it but the potential route combinations to choose from total 720!
Or take Aquarius with 13 stars. The route options are astronomic! How can a human plan and manage that under pressure and consistently make the best decisions over the course of a day?
- Customer demand for narrow time windows.
- Continuous clients’ queries.
- New orders coming in throughout the day.
- Tail-lift and other specific requirements.
- Exact load types and many other order variants.